What is Hip Gout Sickness - Help for Diabetes, Gout and MoreOverview of Gout Gout is a systemic disease caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints, causing inflammation, swelling, and pain. This condition can develop for two reasons. The liver may produce more uric acid than the body can excrete in the urine, or a diet of rich foods (e.g., red meat, cream sauces, red wine) fruits with purine acid into the bloodstream than the kidneys can filter. In both cases, a condition called hyperuricemia results. Over time, the uric acid crystallizes and settles in the joint spaces, most commonly in the first metatarsal phalangeal joint of the big toe or in the ankle joint. Signs and Symptoms The most common symptoms of gout are inflammation, swelling, and tenderness in the joint of the first toe. Touching or moving it is intensely painful and patients often say it hurts to have as much as a bedsheet over the toe. Gout develops quickly and typically occurs in only one joint at a time. Symptoms may develop in two or three joints simultaneously, but this is rare. If widespread symptoms occur, the condition is probably not gout. Diagnosis The most reliable way to diagnose gout is to examine the joint fluid for uric acid crystals. This is done by drawing fluid from the joint with a needle and examining it under a polarized light microscope. Although the test is invasive, the results are definitive, and a positive result facilitates proper treatment and quick relief. Treatment Treatment for gout involves decreasing the amount of uric acid in the joint. If dietary habits are the cause, the patient's lifestyle must be changed to avoid the condition. Gout is readily corrected with patient cooperation, and it is usually gout treatment unless it occurs frequently. Colchicine is a common medication for treating acute gout attacks. If continuous medication is necessary, the two most common choices are probenecid and allopurinol. Prevention Alcohol and rich foods are primary contributors to excessive uric acid levels. Although some patients have a genetic predisposition to excessive uric acid production, most gout patients have normal kidneys and uncontrolled dietary habits. Prevention is the best defense against the disease. Many patients who suffer from gout continue to indulge, and suffer frequent attacks as a result. Although medication makes it possible to live with gout, the continued accumulation of uric acid in the joints eventually damages them, seriously inhibiting movement.
- Check out these product testimonials and see what you think about what these products have accomplished in many other lives.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and contact the people who gave these testimonials.
- Every cloud has a silver lining; so consider that this article on Acute Gout to be the silver lining to the clouds of articles on Acute Gout.
- It is this article that will add more spice to the meaning of Acute Gout.
- In doubt, or if you have questions, you should consult your physician and, if possible, consult a second physician for a possible different opinion.
- The author does not bear any responsibility for your decisions nor for the outcome of your actions based upon those decisions.
On the Testimonials Page Below I Am LWindblad and my wife is J.D. Windblad. I have long-term gout (since , damage from gout including numbness and pain in the feet, a prostate which had ceased functioning for the past 2 years, and in Jan 2004 I was diagnosed with a lazy thyroid. By the end of January my thyroid was functioning normally, by April I was noticing an improvement in prostate functioning and by mid-May it was definitely clear that not only was the pain gone but feeling was coming back into my feet. This is written in June 2004 and its all still getting better.
- <hr> About the author: Loring Windblad has studied nutrition and exercise for more than 40 years, is a published author and freelance writer.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- So we have added as much variety as possible to this matter on Colchicine to make it's reading relevant, and interesting!
This Article is Copyright 2005 by ***** ***** and Loring WindbladThis article may be freely copied and used on other web sites only if it is copied complete with all links and text, including the Authors Resource Box, intact and unchanged except for minor improvements. Did you ever believe that there was so much to learn about Uric Acid? Neither did we! Once we got to write this article, it seemed to be endless.
What You May Not Know about Diabetes ' the Truth about Insulin Resistance92% of people with type 2 diabetes have insulin resistance. Get the facts ' go to your local diabetes agency or research it on the internet. We worked as diligently as an owl in producing this composition on Uric Acid Levels. So only if you do read it, and appreciate its contents will we feel our efforts haven't gone in vain.
- When it comes to diabetic nutrition, not sure what to believe?
- There are many stories out there, some believable, others not.
- Research what you need to know from trusted resources ' your local diabetes support center, the internet, friends who have diabetes.
- Go ahead and read this article on Allopurinol.
- We would also appreciate it if you could give us an analysis on it for us to make any needed changes to it.
Diabetic Meals can be Healthy and SavoryA key to diabetes management is maintaining a regular exercise program. Its never too late to start and you can do it with a simple walking program. Just walk 1 kilometer a day and over a period of a month build it up to two miles (3 kilometers) a day.
Sticking to Dietary Goals While Eating Out can be Very ChallengingMany, even most, restaurants cater to people with special dietary needs ' just ask. And learn those restaurants which do not and avoid them. There is sure to be a grin on your face once you get to read this article on Gout Diagnosis. This is because you are sure to realize that all this matter is so obvious, you wonder how come you never got to know about it!
- Overview of Diabetes New to diabetes?
- Learn the basics ' check with your local diabetes clinic or research it on the internet.
- A key to diabetes management is maintaining a regular exercise program.
- Its never too late to start ' see below.
- Sticking to dietary goals while eating out also can be very challenging ' see comments below. 20 million Americans and Canadians have diabetes.
- Nearly 7 million don't know it.
- Type 2 diabetes usually develops slowly, and the symptoms often go unnoticed.
- Our son developed a puffiness to his face which we noticed right away because we saw him only a couple of times a year.
- He and his wife put it down to simple weight gain.
- After 2' years they finally snapped to there being something wrong and when he was finally checked out his diabetes was 'off the charts'.
- Fortunately, they caught it in time, but it should have been caught over a year earlier.
- Nearly 90 to 95% of all people with diabetes have type 2.
- Who gets it?
- Just about any body.
- Fat, skinny, regular build, it makes no difference; just about everyone can develop diabetes.
- Most at risk are people regardless of body build who live on a high intake of 'junk food'.
- Least at risk are people who eat a regular balanced diet.
- Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know.
- There is no one who knows everything.
- So if you don't know much about Gout Diagnosis, all that has to be done is to read up on it!
Make sure to go to the product testimonials page above, scroll to the bottom, and click on the email contact for any of the people given, and receive their confirmation and personal full testimonial. Disclaimer: This article in no way should be taken as 'medical advice' on any product, condition or course of action, nor does it constitute in any way 'medical advice' endorsing any specific product, specific result, nor any possible cure for any condition or problem. This article is meant as a source of information upon which you may base your decision as to whether or not you should begin using any vitamin, mineral and/or herbal supplement for better health, or begin using a 'greens' product as a dietary supplement.
There are other stories of 'miracles' with these products and they will be posted as soon as they can be collected. What these products actually do is work to make your body function the way it is supposed to function, and they accomplish this at least in part by restoring your natural Ph balances.