Cause Gout Treatment - a Diet Plan for Gout With a Cherry on TopAlmost 90% of gout victims are men over thirty years old. But women can also suffer from gout, especially if they take certain medications such as blood pressure drugs. Most women who suffer from gout are 60 years or older.
- Losing excess weight may also reduce uric acid levels, but it must be done gradually and under a doctor's supervision.
- Severe dieting or fasting can actually make your gout worse.
- It is not always that we just turn on the computer, and there is a page about Allopurinol.
- We have written this article to let others know more about Allopurinol through our resources.
Many Other PeopleSome of whom have written to Prevention magazine - have also found relief by adding cherries to their diets. Supposedly, if you already have crippling gout or if you feel a gout attack coming on, you should eat 15 to 30 cherries a day at first to get your gout under control, then 6 to 10 cherries a day after that to keep the gout away. Now while reading about Uric Acid Crystals, don't you feel that you never knew so much existed about Uric Acid Crystals? So much matter you never knew existed.
So You May Want to Discuss With Your Doctor If an Alternative Approach Might Work for YouAn approach without the toxic side effects of gout drugs. One dietary approach is simply to eat cherries. In the 1950s, Dr. Ludwig Blau discovered that he could keep his gout away by eating a minimum of 6 cherries a day. It helped his crippling gout so much that he was actually able to get out of his wheelchair and start walking again.
- You should always consult a doctor for treatment of gout.
- But some of the drugs used for gout - such as allopurinol, colchicine, indomethacin, and prednisone - can cause serious side effects.
- Many people also try to eliminate foods with high purine levels from their diets.
- Some of these foods may worsen gout by increasing your level of uric acid.
- Writing about Treat Gout is an interesting writing assignment.
- There is no end to it, as there is so much to write about it!
- Red and black cherries - fresh, frozen or canned - have been used successfully to treat gout.
- Drinking several tablespoons of black cherry juice daily may produce the same effect.
- He discovered his "cherry cure" by accident.
- One day, he ate a large bowl of cherries and the next day, his foot pain was gone.
- He found that as long as he ate the cherries every day, his gout was controlled.
Therapeutic uses of honey in ayurveda you can make to your diet, too. For example, eating a cup of strawberries may help to control gout. You should also drink plenty of water to help flush the uric acid out of your body. Six to eight 8-ounce glasses a day is probably best.
- Some high-purine foods are meats, especially organ meats, gravies, herring, mussels, sardines, fish, and alcohol.
- At least one study suggests that high-purine foods such as beans, peas, mushrooms, spinach and cauliflower do not make gout worse.
- But you should consult your doctor for the latest information and recommendations.
- Keep your mind open to anything when reading about Disease Gout.
- Opinions may differ, but it is the base of Disease Gout that is important.
- Gout isn't properly controlled, it can cause kidney stones and even more serious kidney disease.
- Gout is also associated with high blood pressure, diabetes, and atherosclerosis.
- Accept the way things are in life.
- Only then will you be able to accept these points on Disease Gout.
- Disease Gout can be considered to be part and parcel of life.